An aneurysm is a dilation in a part of a (arterial) vein. The most common place is the body artery (aorta) in the abdomen (Latin: abdomen = abdomen), the aneurysm aorta abdominalis, abbreviated AAA. In the Netherlands, more than 50,000 people with such a dilated artery are walking around in their abdomen, and at least 1,000 of them die each year as a result of rupture.
Preventive examination is the only method to prevent the number of deaths from AAA rupture (rupture of the abdominal artery). Early detection and timely preventive treatment of an aortic aneurysm reduces the risk of dying by half. This is therefore the most important objective of the Aorta Foundation.
AAA-quickscanseniors from 55 years€40MAKE APPOINTMENT
- useful for seniors from 55 years
- this ultrasound is completely harmless
- appear sober or at most with a light meal
- in 1 to 2% of the cases ultrasound is not possible due to extreme intestinal gas and / or overweight
- results available immediately after the examination